top of page
Dress to the 9’s
9 N. State Street, Newtown, PA 18940
Our mission at Dress to the 9’s is to give back to the community. We believe in ‘Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’ as an opportunity to help others. As consignment, we would like to have your items for a minimum of 90 days. If your items do not sell in 90 days, we reserve the right to donate to our charity donation center of choice, Laurel’s Loft, located in Lansdale, PA. (https://laurel-house.org). Should you wish any of your unsold items not donated to our charity, we ask that you indicate that you want your items returned to you when you consign.
1. We accept never worn or gently worn women’s clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories purchased within the last few years. Vintage items are at our discretion.
2. All items must be freshly washed and ironed, or recently dry cleaned and on hangers without any flaws or markings from wear. Acceptance on your items remains the sole discretion of Dress to the 9’s. Anyone wishing to consign items should call for an appointment. We ask that you bring no more than 15 total items at a time at each appointment.
3. If you are a ‘donate’ consignor, your items will remain on the floor for a minimum of 90 days, or until our next donation pick up. You will still receive 40% of the sale price until the item(s) leaves the store.
If you are a ‘return’ consignor and your items are not sold at the end of your 90-day period, it is your responsibility to pick them up. If your items are not picked up after 90 days they will be automatically donated. Items in our inventory must remain 90 days. You may not pick them up before they expire.
Dress to the 9’s has sole discretion to determine pricing on all items for maximum profitability. Merchandise will be priced based on current market trends. Dress to the 9’s reserves the right to reduce prices for sales and promotions.
4. Clothing and accessories are contracted at a 60/40 split. Any item the shop sells, whether at full price or sale price is 60% to the shop and 40% to the consignor. The consignor will receive 40% of the final sale price
Payment to the consignor is by either of 2 requests:
5. You may choose to use store credit for your account balance. If so, when you choose to use that account balance, or a portion thereof, the amount you use will convert (be changed to) to a 50/50 split
6. Accumulate an account balance and request a check payout. Payout on balances due to the consignor are by advance request to the shop owner (Debbie Haines) and are hand written checks. Checks are not mailed unless consignor has requested so and has provided a stamped/addressed envelope that is held with your original consignor agreement. Checks are written for any balance over $20, unless the last remaining balance against all items sold is $20 or less, then you may receive that balance if no additional inventory is active on your account
7. We do our best to safeguard your items, but are not responsible for items that rarely but, unfortunately, become lost, stolen or damaged. We have a security alarm system, however, if you are consigning valuable items, we recommend you insure them under your homeowner’s policy.
Get in Touch
bottom of page